I (accidentally) gave Tag Thursday a break in September. It’s partly because I didn’t find a great tag I really wanted to complete, and also because I was feeling a little disassociated with blogging and my blog in general. But, now that I’ve found (and been tagged in) some great options to consider, I’m ready to bring the series back! I spotted this tag on my good friend Steph’s blog, and I really hope she doesn’t mind that I stole it.
1. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A FRIEND WHO LOSES YOUR BOOKS, OR ONE WHO DOG EARS THEM?
Either way, I’m not a fan. I could take losing the book, because they can then buy me a pristine copy. Better than dog ears any day.
2. WOULD YOU RATHER SECRETLY LOVE A BOOK EVERYONE ELSE HATES, OR SECRETLY HATE A BOOK EVERYONE ELSE LOVES?
I’m already living out the second one. I’m not going to say which book, but it’s been long established as a modern classic.
3. WOULD YOU RATHER BE STUCK ON A VERY LONG PLANE OR TRAIN RIDE WITHOUT A BOOK?
The very thought of this fills me with dread. Though I would say a train ride. You can look out the windows at the passing landscapes a lot easier here than on a train. And, long flights often have in flight entertainment.
4. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE DINNER WITH YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR OR YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER?
Characters, for sure. A lot of my favourite characters are bookish, so it would be the perfect evening of comfort food, tea, and reading before everyone’s mam picked them up.
5. WOULD YOU RATHER DATE A CHARACTER YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON OR YOUR CRUSH FROM REAL LIFE?
I have a crush on very few characters (I’m not so great at picturing them in my head) so I’m gonna go real life on this one.
6. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE YOUR FAVORITE BOOK TURNED INTO A MOVIE, OR YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE TURNED INTO A BOOK?
Book into a movie. I’ve been waiting for a movie version of Candy by Kevin Brooks since I turned that last page.
7. WOULD YOU RATHER READ A BOOK WITH AN ANNOYING CLIFFHANGER, OR ONE WHERE YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IS KILLED OFF?
Cliffhanger. I don’t want to imagine a world where my babies have died.
8. WOULD YOU RATHER LOSE THE ABILITY TO READ ANY NEW BOOKS, OR THE ABILITY TO REREAD BOOKS YOU’VE ALREADY READ?
Ability to re-read. There’s so much you would miss out on otherwise.
9. WOULD YOU RATHER LIVE IN A LIBRARY OR A BOOKSTORE?
If I live in the bookstore, do I have to pay? I think library here. I love my local library, the building it’s in is super cute.
10. WOULD YOU RATHER LOSE YOUR PLACE OR GET A PAPER CUT EVERY TIME YOU READ A BOOK?
Lose my place. Paper cuts are the devil.
11. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE TO ALWAYS READ IN THE DARK, OR ALWAYS READ BOOKS WITH TINY TEXT?
I spent a lot (a LOT) of my childhood reading in very poor light. It’s the main reason I have glasses now. So, I think I could handle it again.
12. WOULD YOU RATHER READ BY A FIREPLACE, OR ON THE BEACH?
By a fireplace. Every time. Sitting in a huge comfy chair by the fire with tea, a blanket, a really good book, and the cat with me is my idea of heaven on earth. Throw in biscuits too and you’ve pretty much hit the jackpot.