I’ve only been back blogging about a month, following a pretty serious hiatus (more on that later. Maybe.) so to be nominated for a Liebster Award for blogging was a pretty big shock.
I’d like to give a big thank you to Marie from The Beaut Mum, and I strongly suggest you go check out what she’s up to over there.
So. How does this work?
Well, you thank the person who nominated you (déanta), link back to them, answer their 11 questions, come up with 11 of your own, and nominate 11 bloggers to answer yours. Simple.
I’m feeling a lot of love for the number 11, are you?
1. If you could spend a week on a desert island with one celebrity who would it be and why?
It would have to be someone funny, that way the time would pass a little quicker. So someone like Dara O Briain, my favourite comedian of all time, would be perfect.
2. Name one thing you have always wanted to do but never did?
I’ve always wanted to be able to play guitar. I can play piano, but there’s something about the guitar that I’d love to be able to pick one up. Maybe some day, it’s never too late to learn.
3. What’s your favourite flower?
I’m not big into flowers. Daisies are nice, I guess.
4. Name your favourite love song?
I have thousands. But you can’t beat Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden.
5. If your home went on fire and you could only grab one thing what would it be and why?
The obvious answer here is my phone, alert people to the disaster. The not quite so obvious answer is the cat, who’s getting a little old and feeble so might need a little help getting off the bed.
6. What is the best book you have ever read?
I’ve loved The Book Thief by Markus Zusak since I read it. In my childhood, Matilda was my girl.
7. Would you age gracefully or get Botox, fillers etc?
I’m going to grow old gracefully in the sense of my looks. As for my behaviour, I’m not so sure.
8. What do you do to relax?
I love reading a book, with a bar of chocolate and a cup of tea by my side, and a candle lighting nearby. Bliss.
9. What was your favourite holiday to date and why?
When I was 12 my family ventured Down Under to visit my Dad’s friend from college. There’s something pretty unforgettable about going that amount of distance to a completely different culture.
10. Did you enjoy school and who was your favourite teacher?
Biggest nerd in the whole world, I loved school and I was always pretty bright. My favourite teacher was Mrs Fives, who I had for both first class and half of third class (in the second half we had some HDip students.) I feel like I should have said my Mammy instead here though . . .
11. If you could only ever wear jeans or dresses for the rest of time which would you choose?
It would always be jeans. I’m not a dress kind of girl really.
There’s my bit done, so time to get nominating some people to answer mine. Many of these will be the lovely ladies from the recent blogger meet up in Dublin, while others will just be blogs I really admire.
Aoife from Dancing In The Rain Aoifs
Sarah from The Creative Yoke
Nirina from Killer Fashion
Aisling from Ace Couture
Carol from Jolly Caucus Race
Jessie from All Things Beautiful
Nichole from Beauty by Nichole
Roisin from Rambling Roisin
Sarah of It’s Strawberry Blonde
Rachael of Rach’s Boutique
Rebecca of The Cliques Blog
So, my 11 questions for my nominees are as follows:
1. Would you like to be taller or shorter?
2. Have you, or has anyone in your family, been on TV?
3. What was your favourite subject in school?
4. Where do you fall in your family?
5. What is one thing you’d love to do before you die?
6. Have you got any holiday plans for the summer?
7. What’s your favourite time of the year?
8. Sweet or savoury?
9. What’s your TV guilty pleasure?
10. What do your family think of your blog? Have they read it?
11. What’s your go-to comfort meal?
That’s all the boxes ticked, I’m off to enjoy my award.