Anyone who has ever read (or heard of) Vogue will be familiar with the 73 Questions series, featuring a number of famous faces revealing their most intimates loves, pet hates, and everything in between. When I saw Blake Lively’s, I figured why not take part in my own, non filmed version?
Because I deserve to be in Vogue too, but this is the closest I think we’ll ever come to that happening.
1. What’s your favourite movie?
I absolutely adore The Blind Side. The fact that it’s based on a true story is heart breaking, and Sandra Bullock more than deserved the Oscar she got her hands on for this role.
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
I’m going to cheat a tiny bit on this one. Even though The Blind Side was released in 2009, which is now six years ago, I’m still naming it my favourite film of that time frame. Deal with it.
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
I have to raise my hand here and admit to never having seen a Hitchcock film. No I’m serious.
4. A book you plan on reading?
One of the books I missed out in my formative years, and really regret doing so, is Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret by Judy Blume. A book club I’m a part of has chosen this title for discussion this month, so it looks like my chance has come.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
Although I didn’t read it as part of my education, Matilda was one of the first books I ever read by myself. I was the grand old age of five, and I absolutely loved it. Like Matilda herself, my first book inspired a life long love affair with books and reading.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
Does a show on Netflix count? Orange is the New Black returns on Friday and I cannot control the excitement. I don’t know how I’ll survive only watching one episode a week, after a two day binge last month.
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
I’d have to say seven. My birthday is coming up at the end of the month, I’ve got a few nights out with friends planned, and I start a new college course in September.
8. iPhone or Android?
Up until the start of this year I was an iPhone girl, but in January I bought a Samsung S5 and I can never see myself going back.
9. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter, I spend far more time on there than I do Instagram.
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
Not a blogger, but a vlogger. Clisare‘s videos are absolutely gas.
11. What’s your favourite food?
Despite not having had it in about a million years, lasagne still has a soft spot in my heart. I am just Garfield in human form, really.
12. Least favourite food?
Any and all kinds of seafood. Even the smell is enough to turn my stomach.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
A deep pan base, with ham, mushroom, chorizo and tomato. Heaven.
14. Favourite drink?
Of which there are several; tea, white wine, or Club Orange. None of your Fanta for me.
15. Favourite dessert?
Cliché, but you can’t go wrong with a decent cheesecake. Especially a white chocolate and raspberry one.
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk chocolate. always.
17. Coffee or tea?
Tea. I’ve tried every type of coffee available in work and I still can’t wean myself on it. Also, it simply has to be Lyon’s tea.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Ask me again in ten years, I might have an answer for you then.
19. What’s your favourite band?
Keeping it local, I have a big love for Kodaline.
20. Favourite solo artist?
The Holy Trinity; Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding, Demi Lovato.
21. Favourite song?
Firework, by Katy Perry. If we’re talking older music, there is no faulting Piano Man.
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
The late, great Freddie Mercury. It breaks my heart that I never had even the chance to have seen him live.
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
Guitar. So I could be that really annoying person in the corner at parties playing the Four Chord Song. It wouldn’t be a bad thing to be a little better at the piano, either.
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
If I had? I have two, “ohana” on my wrist and “after a hurricane comes a rainbow” on my upper arm.
25. To be or not to be?
Ah, that is the question.
26. Dogs or cats?
While I have three cats at home, I’ve always wanted a dog. A big dog, at that, such as a Bernese Mountain Dog or an Irish Wolfhound. Because if you’re going to do something, you may as well do it right.
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
For my graduation, my parents gave me a Tiffany bracelet with a turquoise heart. I fell in love with it instantly.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
I’m rubbish at giving presents, but last Christmas I gave a friend of mine a Christmas couples ornament for their first Christmas in their new home. The fact I gave them it in late January is a mere technicality.
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
I give friends of mine books an awful lot, and the last book I gave someone was Always A Bridesmaid by Lindsey Kelk.
31. What’s your favourite board game?
Game of Life. I’m also a big fan of the Friends version of Scene It.
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
Portugal. I don’t know what it is, but I love the Algarve, and there’s a spot there that holds the title of “best holiday ever”.
33. What’s the last country you visited?
The UK, Wales to be more specific.
34. What country do you wish to visit?
Italy or Greece.
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
I don’t think I have a least favourite colour.
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Pilates or yoga?
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
A bottle of wine and a good chat with a good friend.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
The ability to stop time alá Bernard.
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia. A fear of long words, and a beautiful example of irony at its finest.
44. What’s your favourite flower?
I’m not entirely enamoured by flowers, but I like the ones that look like big pink daisies. See, I told you I wasn’t good with flowers.
45. When was the last time you cried?
A few weeks ago.
46. Do you like your handwriting?
It depends. Some days I love it, some days I want to chop my hand off.
47. Do you bake?
Not as much as I used to, but I love doing it.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
My tendency to worry too much about people’s opinions.
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
50. Who do you miss most?
My grandmother, who passed away in 2014.
51. What are you listening to right now?
Dermot and Dave on TodayFM.
52. Favourite smell?
Petrol, freshly cut grass, or apple candles.
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My Dad, ringing to give me all the news from home.
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
My best friend from secondary school, trying to organise a day out together.
55. A sport you wish you could play?
Rugby. For now, though, I’ll make so with sitting on the sidelines and watching.
56. Hair colour?
Dark brown, and as close to my natural colour as I’ve been in a long time.
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
A happy ending. Happier than Marley and Me, anyway.
59. Favourite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
See here for further details.
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
Sweet. If I could find my sweet tooth, I’d have it removed within seconds.
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Lipstick. None of that “hair sticking to your lips” for me, thank you.
67. What book have you read again and again?
Candy, by Kevin Brooks. See my love letter to it here.
68. Favourite bedtime story?
One of my most treasured memories is of my Dad and I reading Roald Dahl’s The BFG while I sat on the top bunk of my bed.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
Is It Yourself?
70. Favourite sound?
The anticipation in the crowd, just before throw in on All Ireland Day. For optimum results, this must be experienced in person at Croke Park.
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?
A photo of Michael Collin’s grave at Glasnevin Cemetery while on the tour.