There exists a thing called a blogger award. I’ve been at this blogging malarkey for several months now, and I have just received a nomination for ‘Inspiring Blogger Award’ from Roisin at Random Descent. YAY 🙂
The way the award works is that you thank the person who nominated you, put the photo above on your blog, then give seven fats about yourself and nominate seven fellow bloggers for the award.
Well the photo is there, and here’s my big thanks to Roisin. Roisin and I work together on The Daily Shift, a student media site, as category editors.
So, without further ado, here is my acceptance speech.
1. I like to eat. A lot. In fact, as I type this I am sitting on my couch eating Chinese food. It’s pretty much the only thing I’ve eaten all day.
2. I’ve had my belly button pierced three times. So far, third time’s a charm.
3. I cannot drive to save my life. I’ve driven into fences a lot. I can’t change down gears. I’m pretty much a disaster, and my mother is afraid of getting into a car with me.
4. My main goal in my life is to spend NYE in Sydney before I die. I’ve been to Australia before, and I’d love to go back there.
5. I wanted my brother to be born a girl. I asked my parents for a sister for Christmas (and he was born the following September, which still creeps me out no end) and when my Dad rang to tell me I had a little brother, I cried. But, as a consolation, I picked his middle name (I wanted to call him Séan, but there was already a Séan in my family.)
6. The only things that aren’t small about me are my boobs and my voice.
7. I knew when I was eight years old that I wanted to be a journalist, or work in the media in some form. I had always been adamant on radio. Now, however, I cannot decide whether I want to work in print or broadcast media. I blame college, and actively taking part in the two forms of student media there.
And now, nominate 10 blogs
3. BRB; In Narnia. Almost as funny on paper (if you can call it that) as she is off.
5. Attenti al Lupo. I don’t know what it means either. But Italian is a sexy language, and there’s a translate button at the top. Happy days.
9. Vicki Notaro The main reason I decided to be a features writer. Vicki was my inspiration from the moment I picked up KISS magazine as a young wan, and her piece on freelancing doesn’t make it sound that bad.